Re: Newbie needs guidence

  • brzdistiller
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2011
      Hey JB,
      Thanks for the reply.

      My still has no packing what so ever.

      The top condenser chills the vapors in a way that I have very little or no reflux…

      Check the schematic drawing here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/62463879@N03/with/5685314078/

      As you can see in the drawing, the red marked part inside the still head forces the droplets to the coil condenser as they chill, leaving little work for the coil to do.

      From the tests I've done so far just the top condenser is enough to give me liquid at the end without chilling the coil condenser, but I never use it this way.

      It´s hard for me to get high ABVs on the first run, so I guess I have no option but to do it right.

      I think I should strip with just the coil and do a second run using both condensers at 30%.

      Did I get this right?

      Thanks again.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2011
        Ahh,

        Now I see what your talking about. You should be fine doing it this
        way.

        Good luck.

        JB. aka Waldo.

        wrote:

        > Hey JB,
        > Thanks for the reply.
        >
        > My still has no packing what so ever.
        >
        > The top condenser chills the vapors in a way that I have very little
        or no reflux…

        > Check the schematic drawing here:
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/62463879@N03/with/5685314078/

        > As you can see in the drawing, the red marked part inside the still
        head forces the droplets to the coil condenser as they chill, leaving
        little work for the coil to do.

        > From the tests I've done so far just the top condenser is enough to
        give me liquid at the end without chilling the coil condenser, but I
        never use it this way.

        > It´s hard for me to get high ABVs on the first run, so I guess I
        have no option but to do it right.

        > I think I should strip with just the coil and do a second run using
        both condensers at 30%.

        > Did I get this right?
        >
        > Thanks again.
      • Adam Fordham
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2011

          Nice looking. . I use stainless but copper does look awesome.

          Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android