Re: Gasket

  • ggenovezos
    Message 1 of 13 , May 2, 2011
      Joe,

      Don't sweat it. We're all here to have fun and learn...

      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2011
        Well,
        You can get gasket material at automotive stores as people have
        suggested or DIY with silicone. Coat the keg top with vaseline and the
        bottom of your bowl. Apply the liquid silicone around the keg top and
        place your bowl on top of the silicone gently and let dry. You can then
        just take it off and you have a perfectly matched seal.

        JB. aka Waldo.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ggenovezos" <ggenovez@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I'm looking for some form of gasket material that I can use between
        the keg and a stainless bowl to make a pot still.

        > The top of the keg is cut off...
        >
        > Any ideas?

      • brandon wilbanks
        Message 3 of 13 , May 11, 2011
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Joe Klaus <joeklaus313@...> wrote:

          > Some auto part stores sell them in sheets, so you can cut out the shape and size gasket u need.

          this may sound stupid, but i use either the big tortillas or cut the small ones, they're food grade, super cheap, & disposable. i make them double thickness. it seemed to work for me & i use a keg/stainless bowl set up using 6 nutserts to clamp my bowl
        • Henk Stuurman
          Message 4 of 13 , May 12, 2011
            This is an example of thinking out off the box, I like the tortilla-idea!!!

            Henk

            > Some auto part stores sell them in sheets, so you can cut out the shape and size gasket u need.

            this may sound stupid, but i use either the big tortillas or cut the small ones, they're food grade, super cheap, & disposable. i make them double thickness. it seemed to work for me & i use a keg/stainless bowl set up using 6 nutserts to clamp my bowl

          • Adam Fordham
            Message 5 of 13 , May 12, 2011

              Amen brother. There's an idea.

              Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android