Re: Gasket

  • Joe Klaus
    Message 1 of 13 , May 2 3:05 PM
      Sorry, behind in your conversation, I'll just stay over here and mind my own bussiness.
    • ggenovezos
      Message 2 of 13 , May 2 8:47 PM
        Joe,

        Don't sweat it. We're all here to have fun and learn...

        Message 3 of 13 , May 3 4:28 AM
          Well,
          You can get gasket material at automotive stores as people have
          suggested or DIY with silicone. Coat the keg top with vaseline and the
          bottom of your bowl. Apply the liquid silicone around the keg top and
          place your bowl on top of the silicone gently and let dry. You can then
          just take it off and you have a perfectly matched seal.

          JB. aka Waldo.

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ggenovezos" <ggenovez@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I'm looking for some form of gasket material that I can use between
          the keg and a stainless bowl to make a pot still.

          > The top of the keg is cut off...
          >
          > Any ideas?

        • brandon wilbanks
          Message 4 of 13 , May 11 8:04 PM
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Joe Klaus <joeklaus313@...> wrote:

            > Some auto part stores sell them in sheets, so you can cut out the shape and size gasket u need.

            this may sound stupid, but i use either the big tortillas or cut the small ones, they're food grade, super cheap, & disposable. i make them double thickness. it seemed to work for me & i use a keg/stainless bowl set up using 6 nutserts to clamp my bowl
          • Henk Stuurman
            Message 5 of 13 , May 12 2:28 AM
              This is an example of thinking out off the box, I like the tortilla-idea!!!

              Henk

              > Some auto part stores sell them in sheets, so you can cut out the shape and size gasket u need.

              this may sound stupid, but i use either the big tortillas or cut the small ones, they're food grade, super cheap, & disposable. i make them double thickness. it seemed to work for me & i use a keg/stainless bowl set up using 6 nutserts to clamp my bowl

            • Adam Fordham
              Message 6 of 13 , May 12 5:01 PM

                Amen brother. There's an idea.

                Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android