Re: Recipe request Tequila

  • xpensv65
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2011
      Well did ok until this point. 12 lbs blue agave syrup,25 grams EDV-493,filled to 26 liters. SG 1.070 I was unsure of how much nutrients to add. The package said 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. I added 2.5 teaspoons to the batch. Started ok for 4 days. It formed a nice foam cap just like the open vat pictures. Then it slowed to a stop. I am at 75 deg and a ph of about 4. I think the problem might be lack of nutrients. I have only used turbo to this point. I have read that I may have needed more like 120 grams.