Re: is it safe to use fibre glass fermenting tanks

  • stillyaakman
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 15, 2011

      > Bossy,
      >
      > Have heard of several commercial wine makers using fiberglass fermenters

      Hi,
      I don't know if the subject is exhausted but when I was commercially producing hard cider, two of our 1000 gal. fermenters were plastic of some sort. They had stainless steel columns in them that we circulated refrigerated propylene glycol through to maintain our temps. No stirrers. The yeast activity keeps the must moving all the time

      Dan