Distillers Yeast

  • JoeK
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2011
      Well I have probably made around 50 batches and I have always used distillers yeast for everything because wanted the highest alcohol content. I have used it for Brandy, Rum, Sugar, and Bourbon. Anyway, what mashes should it be used for and what are some other strains people are using for these recipes?
    • Adam Fordham
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2011

        Whiskey yeast with AG by gert has made nice corn whiskey and Bourbon for me.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        Well I have probably made around 50 batches and I have always used distillers yeast for everything because wanted the highest alcohol content. I have used it for Brandy, Rum, Sugar, and Bourbon. Anyway, what mashes should it be used for and what are some other strains people are using for these recipes?

      • Joe Klaus
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2011
          Adam, what Percent of alcohol is ur wash when your done fermenting?

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8, 2011

            I get about 10% or close to it. I only use that yeast for grain mashes. I use turbos for sugar mashes. I honestly haven't tried a Turbo on grain but plan to try some sugar and grain combinations and compare the flavor to my grain only. Did it once 1/2 grain 1/2 sugar......wasn't as good as grain only.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

            Adam, what Percent of alcohol is ur wash when your done fermenting?

            Whiskey yeast with AG by gert has made nice corn whiskey and Bourbon for me.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

            Well I have probably made around 50 batches and I have always used distillers yeast for everything because wanted the highest alcohol content. I have used it for Brandy, Rum, Sugar, and Bourbon. Anyway, what mashes should it be used for and what are some other strains people are using for these recipes?

          • grandview06 tds.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 13, 2011
              How many pounds of grain are you mashing to get 10%