cloudy spirits

  • John Vandermeulen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2002
      Hello all,
      Just a few days ago we had some chat about cloudy spirits, what might cause
      this, etc. So 2 days ago I had a liter of newly made gin which I diluted
      to 42%abv with tap water, and split into two empty bottles. One was clear,
      the other just slightly cloudy. Both tasted identical.
      I ran the cloudy bottle through a funnel containing 1 1/4 " (used once)
      activated charcoal - the cloudiness cleared up, and the gin flavor
      remained.
      Cheers,
      JHV