Re: [new_distillers] Rookie Question

  • JD Willemsen
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2011
      I use tap water, the tap water here is soft enough and direct usable for a fish tank.
      They dont die of it . never the less i still use an inline carbon filter twice made by brita over here.

      the water becomes noticeable cleaner out of the tap.
      needs replacing after every 3 months .

      greetz

      JD

      On 29-03-11 21:53, JP wrote:

      OK, I've been lurking for about a month and I'm ready to jump into the pool. I think I've gotten the wife used to the idea. Well, let's say she's not mad at me any longer. Well, not really mad... Whatever.

      I'm ready to assemble my kit. My first dumb question is water source. I looked through the archives and saw various approaches. From using bog water to bottled water. And I saw advice to not use tap water or distilled water.

      What's the simplest, cheapest, source of fermentation water? Especially for my learning runs.

      Jose