Re: Making brandy

  • robert every
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28 1:41 PM
      Gentlemen,
           I have a thought and a plan that i want to implement. I have been making vodka for years, with sugar and a reflux fractional still.   Adding the essenciences to clone, commercial liquors. With very good luck.

           I recently had a bad batch of wine and instead of dumping it into the barrel for vodka. I thought I would, take out the packing in my column and run it through as a pot still. In the attempt to make Brandy.

           After several drinks xxx I later thought of running the batch to remove all volatiles and discarding the heads and tails. returning the ethanol to the mash and then running threw the still in the pot configuration. thereby eliminating the unwanted volatiles. any thought.

    • John Brase

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 28 10:42 PM
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, John Brase <jbrase@...> wrote:

          How much Maple syrup and raisins? I am going to try to make a brandy as well.

          Andy

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 29 12:04 AM
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "andyrud3" <andyrud@...> wrote:

            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, John Brase <jbrase@> wrote:

            A "bit" is less than a "bite". A "handfull" is 1/2 a cup for a normal person, or 3 cups if you are "the hulk". Cheers! ;)

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 29 3:48 AM
              Totally agree with John. If you want the brandy flavors then you need
              to mix in some of the heads and tails with your middle run. Otherwise
              your shooting for neutral.

              JB. aka Waldo.