Second run.

  • William Musall
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2011
      I used 12 pounds cracked corn, 20 lbs sugar, 12 oz can of mator paste, 12-13 gallons of water, just over a tablespoon amylace enzyme, and 2 tablespoons distillers yeast. Heated water and corn combo up to 175-180 degrees and held there for 45 minutes or so. At 150 degrees I added 20 lbs sugar. At 100 degrees I added amylace and yeast. I let set for 8 1/2 days. It was still fermenting but not very fast. I run off 11 gallons and collected the first 200 ml. 2nd collection was 300ml. 3-7 collections were at 400 ml. 8 was 250. Total collection was 2950ml of drinkable. I think the last of it was between 45 and 50%. Stopped on account of flavor. Did I collect enough of the bad stuff at start or should I dump the 300 ml too? Is this a decent collection? Should I have kept on collecting and used it for something else? At the end I could put some on a spoon and light it and aproximately half would burn off. I have another batch fermenting and did it a bit different. Will detail it after run off. Should I have added things at different temps than I did? I also have no way of taking temps during run off.