Re: [new_distillers] Re: Orange liqueur - thoughts on recipe

  • JD Willemsen
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 19, 2011
      wich gives me the memmory of the "Rhum Topf"

      its a big jar,about a gallon but most have an half gallon.

      you put fruit in it add a layer of sugar and cover with stroh rhum.. (
      60~80%)
      now maybe a month later new fruit comes from the garden and there
      becomes a new layer in the jar .
      add a layer of sugar over it . and add rum till submerged again.
      this goes for about a year. different layers of fruit come and because
      the sugar it seeps the juices, and the rum keeps it from decaying ( not
      sure its the right choice of word )

      this all becomes a full fruit flavored liqueur of about 25~35%

      Greetz
      JD