Re: OAT ESSENCE VODKA

  • gff_stwrt
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2011
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "adam" <bluwater2828@...> wrote:

      > Been thinking....usually gets me in trouble lol. Good vodka might actually need a flavor. Maybe oats....like a mild oatmeal flavor. Anyone ever try flavoring nuetral spirit with oats? Any suggestions or thoughts on a good way to do it. I was thinking maybe soak some nuetral on uncooked oatmeal oats.

      Interesting thought.
      Someone, I think on another forum, added potato water. You know, what is left after you boil the potatoes for dinner.
      Can't recall, but I think it was just added to the wash. From memory it 'smoothed' the product, anyway some people tried it and said they would do it again.
      It wouldn't have given it any flavour; they use potato for vodka anyway...
      The Baker