Re: CORN WHISKEY BEER STRIPPING

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2011

      Not Quite Adam,

      40 proof is a bit high for a pot still (which is what I assume your using).  Harry and Pint O Shine put together a nice chart showing ABV to vapor abv by temp.  If you look at the chart -  http://www.artisan-distiller.net/photoalbum/photos/pint_o_shine/Potstill_Dilute.GIF , he recommends diluting it to around 24% for a spirits run. This will give you around 140 proof through the hearts.  Personally, I like around 30% ABV which will give around 150 proof around the hearts and still maintain the flavors.

      JB. aka Waldo.