Re: [new_distillers] Re: I have a question about distilling and aging

  • JD Willemsen
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 10 4:15 AM
      Jelly jars lend it self really good for that.
      they are small about a 1/2 pint.

      On 10-03-11 13:10, jamesonbeam1 wrote:

      If your one of those techie type distillers, you would take all the
      measurements - temp, ABV, amount taken etc, and write this down in your
      notebook. Then you will dilute some to 40% or tasting strength and
      taste it and smell it.

      Lazy people like myself, just let some distill in numbered jars,as
      previously mentioned, wait a day or so for it to settle. Then we dilute
      it to tasting strength, smell and taste it... If its good I put it in
      my mixing jug for the final product, if its bad, I put it in the feints
      jug to redistill.

      JB. aka Waldo.

      -snip-