Re: Feedback on design, second try

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2011
      Hi Six,

      Your first message did go thru and JD reviewed it.  Theres been alot of activity here so you have to go through the previous listings carefully.  I also took you off moderated status.  See response below.

      JB. aka Waldo.

      Re: [new_distillers] Please Review my design

      yes thats a really nice setup.

      only thing it needs is a needle valve to it so it will over flow back down .
      it also helps to get that it settle at one temp befor you open the valve.
      then it can flow slower then the still distilates resulting in a cleaner vodka ;)

      read the part distilling the whas using a fractionating still on homedistiller.org , it will become clear why you need that valve.

      greetz JD

      Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 11:18 PM
      Subject: [new_distillers] Please Review my design

        Greetings, I am new to this but have some exposure from my brother who makes great vodka. In the pics section (AA Pics)is a still design I created using ideas from several different sources. Very few components were needed as you can see. Was I correct in trying to ensure all of the condensate falls into the reserviour rather that falling into the packing?
      Advice would be greatly appreciated.