glycerin

  • BARDY
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4 12:20 PM
      My first distil which I double distilled and ended with about 3 litres of 90% is pretty much odourless . My wife loves the gin but my bourbon has a sort of harsh/raw after taste at the back of the mouth. Would adding glcerin help this (if yes .. how much?). Or is it perhaps the flavouring used. I may have over flavoured it. The spirit is diluted to about 38%
    • KM Services
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4 1:40 PM

        I use about 10mls of glycerin per bottle …a hint is to give the alcohol/flavouring and glycerin a good blast in a food processor for about 5 minutes. This mixes the brew up and will smoothen it out…be careful when nusing the processor and pulse to start with so you don’t blow it over the top….been there done that

        Cheers

        Ken Mc