Malt drying/ Nesco food dehydrator

  • Ellie Mae
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2011
      I've been making a lot of my own malt. Have been having good success on corn, wheat and even a small batch of oats.

      In any even my point here is the kilning process. I've been doing it ontop of my wood stove on a cookie sheet and adjustable stand but, it's really time consuming and requires a lot of attention to keep it @ 145 F

      Soooo i've been searching for an alternative

      Google Nesco food dehydrator

      I think i'm gonna give it a whirl

      Has a thermostat that tops out @ 160 on the top end so it should be quite the ticket!