Re: [new_distillers] Corn Starch

  • Ric Cunningham
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 23, 2011
      I would think it would work similar to Potato flakes for vodka production. just mix the starch with enough water at the correct temperature and let it do its thing.

      On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 8:16 PM, JerryM <jkmccull@...> wrote:

      I was in Wal-Mart today and noticed that all natural corn starch was $1.00 a pound. I checked the label and at a glance it did not appear that it contained a load of preservatives.

      I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to convert corn starch to sugar using amylase enzymes and then fermenting and distilling the converted starch to produce corn likker?

      --
      If you can make macaroni and cheese from a box, you can make a great beer.