Re: First pot still run

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 21, 2011
      Sorry for being unclear, Harry. The cigar curve image that I have had in
      my files for a long time is a bad scan someone made of that graph, and I
      couldn't remember where to find a good one. Because a part of what I
      used to do for a living involved converting graphs of uncertain origins,
      either from hardcopy or as outputs of someone's arcane analytical
      software, to editable vector graphic objects, I've been looking at doing
      such a conversion on the cigar curve. I usually use Adobe Illustrator
      for that task.

      The last raster-vector conversion software I've used was Adobe's
      (Streamline?) from maybe 15 years ago, and it was fussy, cranky, and not
      a good solution for me. I'll have to look at the newer software.

      Sorry about the confusion. I should never post when I'm wiped out and on
      my way to bed.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tgfoitwoods" zymurgybob@
      wrote:

      > > Harry,
      > >
      >> i also appreciate your including the "cigar" curve
      > > figure, which I've been trying to clean up (as a vector graphic
      rather
      > > than a blurred, scanned, bitmap graphic), because I was also going
      > > use that in my answer.
      > >>
      > > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller
      >

      > Hi ZB,
      >
      > Blurred? Scanned? Which pic, your or the one I posted?
      >
      > If yours, I can't help you as I don't know what you used to produce
      it.
      > If mine as posted in my reply, it's just a thumbnail. Click the
      thumbnail to open the full chart which is on Pint's site. Save it
      however you like (bmp, png, tiff whatever (tiff is best for reworking))
      then go here for ways to convert to vector graphics...