RE: [new_distillers] Sugar wash colour ?

  • KM Services
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18, 2011

      Yes it is normal to have a yellowish tinge to the wash and is nothing to worry about, this can be either the turbo or the sugar used as in the processing of sugar some sugar will give a slight pinkish colour…best to use top quality table sugar …I have noticed that with dextrose there is no colour?. Each yeast imparts it’s own “taste” and characteristics to the final product some create a dry taste others are more sweet …I generally use Still Spirits Turbo Classic and get great results, however, with the power 23 will  notice “Flavours…….also depends on whether the ferment was slow or quick or un-complete plus in the distill if there is catching will leave tastes.

      Cheers Ken Mc