Re: picture&navy rum

  • pocoian2000
    Message 1 of 11 , May 26, 2002
      Ah,Lamb's Navy rum - the very name evokes memories! Lamb's was the
      purveyer of rum to the Royal Canadian Navy in the good old days when
      all Commonweath sailors at sea were given a "tot" at noon. The rum
      that Lamb's provided to the navy was far better than their product
      found on liquor store shelves. It was darker and smoother than its
      liqour store counterpart - and definitely overproof! It made the
      chilling winds seem as nothing - and in warmer climates it enhanced
      the promise of Paradise yet to be found!

      -- In new_distillers@y..., John Vandermeulen <vandermeulen@n...>
      wrote:
      > Lambs Navy Rum is readily available in Canada. In some parts of
      the maritime
      > provinces (east coast) black Lambs is the only drink, and the
      refuse pile
      > behind the small fishing shacks hold years of empty bottles.
      Curiously, in

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/