Re: Cyclone Yasi

  • mav
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011
      "try to flush us out, drown us and now try to blow some of us away."

      It sounds like your talking about "Victorians"??? :)

      Cheers
      Marc

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Ooms" <jkooms@...> wrote:

      > Hi Harry,
      > She certainly is a monster one. Make sure you wear a helmet and tie down every bloody thing you value, including your distilled goodies.
      > Us Queenslanders certainly are in the firing line of late. First they try to flush us out, drown us and now try to blow some of us away.
      > What have we done to deserve all of this shit. I blame it on the government!!!!!!!!!
      > Best Wishes Mate. Make sure you move to higher ground.
      > Jan.

    • geoff burrows
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011

        Hi Marc,

        Drier than a dead dingo's donger !!

        I do as well and that's dry

        A bit like having so much water that your back teeth are floatin'

        Geoff

      • Christopher Bedwell
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011
          It's a bit like a scotch finger biscuit, if you dunk too many times in your cuppa, it'll break off and fall in :)

          ' fair dinkum - Queensland fell in ' :)

          - Chris

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 3, 2011
            Thats right Geoff! Luckly, Cairns was let off some what, and towns to the south took most of the force. Towns like Innsfail, Mission Beach, Cardwell and many more took the brunt of the tropical depression.

            Now the Price of Banana's will go up, and they will try force the price of sugar to go up again!

            The problem is, localy (aus), the price should not change because almost of Queenland's sugar's output is exported! So, We will see how the stock market speculation will drive the price of Sugar?

            Cheers
            Marc