Re: Cyclone Yasi

  • mav
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011
      Yes Chris, said in a way that no other mob would know what you said! But I do!

      The West half of Australia is not getting any of the wet wheather that the east coast of Australia is being smacked with! Australia is a big country! The wild west of OZ aint't mention much in Advertisements or tourist info stuff.

      But here's some nice stuff, look up, Monkey Mia and the Abrolhos Islets/ Reefs! There's some of my favourite places!

      Sorry Chris, But yes, the west is Very Dry, you can only hope the monsoon weather will come down to where you are.

      Cheers
      Marc

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Bedwell <eukanubaau@...> wrote:

      > Over here on the west coast are begging for
      > Some rain... Drier than a dead dingo's donger !!
      >
      > Stay safe !!
      >
      > - Chris
      >

      > Sent from my iPhone
      >

      > On 01/02/2011, at 6:48 PM, "Jan Ooms" <jkooms@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Harry,
      > > She certainly is a monster one. Make sure you wear a helmet and tie down every bloody thing you value, including your distilled goodies.
      > > Us Queenslanders certainly are in the firing line of late. First they try to flush us out, drown us and now try to blow some of us away.
      > > What have we done to deserve all of this shit. I blame it on the government!!!!!!!!!
      > > Best Wishes Mate. Make sure you move to higher ground.
      > > Jan.

    • mav
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011
        "try to flush us out, drown us and now try to blow some of us away."

        It sounds like your talking about "Victorians"??? :)

        Cheers
        Marc

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Ooms" <jkooms@...> wrote:

        > Hi Harry,
        > She certainly is a monster one. Make sure you wear a helmet and tie down every bloody thing you value, including your distilled goodies.
        > Us Queenslanders certainly are in the firing line of late. First they try to flush us out, drown us and now try to blow some of us away.
        > What have we done to deserve all of this shit. I blame it on the government!!!!!!!!!
        > Best Wishes Mate. Make sure you move to higher ground.
        > Jan.

      • geoff burrows
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011

          Hi Marc,

          Drier than a dead dingo's donger !!

          I do as well and that's dry

          A bit like having so much water that your back teeth are floatin'

          Geoff

        • Christopher Bedwell
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011
            It's a bit like a scotch finger biscuit, if you dunk too many times in your cuppa, it'll break off and fall in :)

            ' fair dinkum - Queensland fell in ' :)

            - Chris

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2011
              Thats right Geoff! Luckly, Cairns was let off some what, and towns to the south took most of the force. Towns like Innsfail, Mission Beach, Cardwell and many more took the brunt of the tropical depression.

              Now the Price of Banana's will go up, and they will try force the price of sugar to go up again!

              The problem is, localy (aus), the price should not change because almost of Queenland's sugar's output is exported! So, We will see how the stock market speculation will drive the price of Sugar?

              Cheers
              Marc