Re: Cyclone Yasi

  • JD
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2011
      The best of luck for you.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

      > More shit coming our way. Biggest blow I've seen in 40 years. I'm right in its path.
      >
      > Sat pics...
      >
      > http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemil ... mscol.html
      >

      > Track...
      >
      > http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml
      >

      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry
      >
      > ps
      > Currently making preparations so won't post much for a while.  Expect to be off-air altogether in 24-36 hrs time.  Gotta make time for a wee dram too.  :)
      >

      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry
      > Owner :         Y! new_distillers    Y! Distillers    The Alcohol Library
      > Forums Info:  FAQ    Policy    Settings   Web Access  Trading Post

    • Jan Ooms
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2011
        Hi Harry,
        She certainly is a monster one. Make sure you wear a helmet and tie down every bloody thing you value, including your distilled goodies.
        Us Queenslanders certainly are in the firing line of late. First they try to flush us out, drown us and now try to blow some of us away.
        What have we done to deserve all of this shit. I blame it on the government!!!!!!!!!
        Best Wishes Mate. Make sure you move to higher ground.
        Jan.

        More shit coming our way. Biggest blow I've seen in 40 years. I'm right in its path.

        Sat pics...

        http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemil ... mscol.html

        Track...

        http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml

        ps
        Currently making preparations so won't post much for a while.  Expect to be off-air altogether in 24-36 hrs time.  Gotta make time for a wee dram too.  :)

        Owner :         Y! new_distillers    Y! Distillers    The Alcohol Library
        Forums Info:  FAQ    Policy    Settings   Web Access  Trading Post

      • Christopher Bedwell
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2011
          Over here on the west coast are begging for
          Some rain... Drier than a dead dingo's donger !!

          Stay safe !!

          - Chris

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2011
            Harry,

            Best of luch to you and yours. Please report as soon after the c yclone as possible. We're all in your corner!

            Tom

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

            > More shit coming our way. Biggest blow I've seen in 40 years. I'm right in its path.
            >
            > Sat pics...
            >
            > http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemil ... mscol.html
            >

            > Track...
            >
            > http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml
            >

            > Slainte!
            > regards Harry
            >
            > ps
            > Currently making preparations so won't post much for a while.  Expect to be off-air altogether in 24-36 hrs time.  Gotta make time for a wee dram too.  :)
            >

            > Slainte!
            > regards Harry
            > Owner :         Y! new_distillers    Y! Distillers    The Alcohol Library
            > Forums Info:  FAQ    Policy    Settings   Web Access  Trading Post

          • gff_stwrt
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2011
              Hang in there Harry.
              Geoff

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

              > More shit coming our way. Biggest blow I've seen in 40 years. I'm right in its path.
              >
              > Sat pics...
              >
              > http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemil ... mscol.html
              >

              > Track...
              >
              > http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml
              >

              > Slainte!
              > regards Harry
              >
              > ps
              > Currently making preparations so won't post much for a while.  Expect to be off-air altogether in 24-36 hrs time.  Gotta make time for a wee dram too.  :)
              >

              > Slainte!
              > regards Harry
              > Owner :         Y! new_distillers    Y! Distillers    The Alcohol Library
              > Forums Info:  FAQ    Policy    Settings   Web Access  Trading Post

            • mav
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011
                Yes Chris, said in a way that no other mob would know what you said! But I do!

                The West half of Australia is not getting any of the wet wheather that the east coast of Australia is being smacked with! Australia is a big country! The wild west of OZ aint't mention much in Advertisements or tourist info stuff.

                But here's some nice stuff, look up, Monkey Mia and the Abrolhos Islets/ Reefs! There's some of my favourite places!

                Sorry Chris, But yes, the west is Very Dry, you can only hope the monsoon weather will come down to where you are.

                Cheers
                Marc

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011
                  "try to flush us out, drown us and now try to blow some of us away."

                  It sounds like your talking about "Victorians"??? :)

                  Cheers
                  Marc

                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Ooms" <jkooms@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Harry,
                  > She certainly is a monster one. Make sure you wear a helmet and tie down every bloody thing you value, including your distilled goodies.
                  > Us Queenslanders certainly are in the firing line of late. First they try to flush us out, drown us and now try to blow some of us away.
                  > What have we done to deserve all of this shit. I blame it on the government!!!!!!!!!
                  > Best Wishes Mate. Make sure you move to higher ground.
                  > Jan.

                • geoff burrows
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011

                    Hi Marc,

                    Drier than a dead dingo's donger !!

                    I do as well and that's dry

                    A bit like having so much water that your back teeth are floatin'

                    Geoff

                  • Christopher Bedwell
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 2, 2011
                      It's a bit like a scotch finger biscuit, if you dunk too many times in your cuppa, it'll break off and fall in :)

                      ' fair dinkum - Queensland fell in ' :)

                      - Chris

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 3, 2011
                        Thats right Geoff! Luckly, Cairns was let off some what, and towns to the south took most of the force. Towns like Innsfail, Mission Beach, Cardwell and many more took the brunt of the tropical depression.

                        Now the Price of Banana's will go up, and they will try force the price of sugar to go up again!

                        The problem is, localy (aus), the price should not change because almost of Queenland's sugar's output is exported! So, We will see how the stock market speculation will drive the price of Sugar?

                        Cheers
                        Marc