RE: [new_distillers] Re: Straining Flaked Corn Sucs

  • ben marks
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 28, 2011

      i am not sure that "thinking about making a pressure cooker out of a 60qt stockpot" is something you should think about at all. just close your eyes and think about what could go wrong ie: blow up
      just my 2 cents ...ben

       Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

       The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be
      pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

      Some people are like slinkies- not good for anything, But it sure is fun to push them down the stairs

      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com; gnikomson2000@...
      From: bluwater2828@...
      Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 14:22:21 -0800
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Re: Straining Flaked Corn Sucs

      Interesting information. Making a pressure cooker out of say a 60 quart stock pot might be something to think on. Exploding hot mash did come to mind. ;o) wonder how much a used commercial pressure cooker would cost. Something in the 80 to 100 quart range. Might check out a local restaurant supplier just to see what a new one cost.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      Message 44 of 44 , Jan 31, 2011

        I took the inner basket out of a 3 gallon pot. Layed about 3 layers of cheese clothe. Filled it up and twisted tight then rung it out by hand. Worked better than the paint bags but still messy and rough on the back. I've come to the conclusion I'm just going to have to create some kind of mechanical device to squeeze or spin the liquid out.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android