Re: [new_distillers] Re: Straining Flaked Corn Sucs

  • Adam Fordham
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 27, 2011

    Ok I'm trying to post a picture but doing something wrong. Did some research and here's what I have been using. BUNGE milling makes a product called Reading Flakes for the brewing industry. It is pre gelatinized that's two steps I can skip. The down side is it isn't cheap. Paid 70.00 us for 50 lbs. So anyone intrested that's what I've used so far. That said ill be looking for plain cracked cheap corn lol to work with in the future.

    Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

  • Adam Fordham
    Message 44 of 44 , Jan 31, 2011

      I took the inner basket out of a 3 gallon pot. Layed about 3 layers of cheese clothe. Filled it up and twisted tight then rung it out by hand. Worked better than the paint bags but still messy and rough on the back. I've come to the conclusion I'm just going to have to create some kind of mechanical device to squeeze or spin the liquid out.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android