Re: Straining Flaked Corn Sucs

  • geoff burrows
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 26, 2011

      Hi ZB,
      Why don't you try vacum bagging it.  Slip it all into a sealed plastic bag with a tube coming out.wrap the whole lot in a couple of blankets to provide an air gap.  Then with another bigger plastic bag connected to a vacum cleaner suck the air out from between the two bags (the blankets and the outer bag) this will press the mash bag equally all over and will squeeze the mash liquid out the tube into your collector container see how to vacum bag here   http://tinyurl.com/4l8okt6
      Geoff
    • Adam Fordham
      Message 44 of 44 , Jan 31, 2011

        I took the inner basket out of a 3 gallon pot. Layed about 3 layers of cheese clothe. Filled it up and twisted tight then rung it out by hand. Worked better than the paint bags but still messy and rough on the back. I've come to the conclusion I'm just going to have to create some kind of mechanical device to squeeze or spin the liquid out.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android