first all grain mash

  • adam
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2011
      Its cold here so I run a small heater in the room my fermenter sits. Usually keeps air temperature about 78F. Pitched my yeast about 30 hours ago
      Took a peek and corn is just rolling in the pot. Noticed the mash temp was 91f so I cut off the heater. Have I let the mash get to hot? I wanted it to be about 80F or less. Should I wait and see or start over? Been doing sugar washes but never let any of those get that hot.