pressure and aging

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      I apologize to those that have seen this already, but...

      I was doing some rum reading and heard about Temptryst rum (out of Texas) had a method of aging where they pressurize the rum with wood of various sorts.

      http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20100092636

      For those technically-minded, does this seem to be something that can be done with common equipment (ie. pressure cooker)?

      Thanks,
      T-