Re: new to the group.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011
      Hi Seed,

      Welcome aboard. You should have no problems with placing your internal
      heating elements below the center. Just make sure if its a 30 L keg you
      dont pull off more then 8 or 9 liters at a distillation and expose the
      elements to air or allow burning. Keep you washes clear. Second
      distillations may be a problem unless you got enough liquid in it. Just
      get them as low as possible. GL.

      As far as making rum from Shorghum, never have tried it, but heard from
      people that its no where as good as molasses from sugar cane for making
      a nice rum. Stick to whats tried and known.

      JB. aka Waldo.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "seed_science" <seed_science@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi guys
      >
      > This hobby sounds like a very good way to get into trouble; I am
      looking forward to it!
      > My question is I have a 30L keg that I thinking of converting to a
      internal electric heat source. The ribs on the keg are placed in such a
      way that the heater will be welded in just below center. I think this
      will be OK because if at best I can pull off 5.5-6 L of the heart and
      heads are 500ML this leaves at least 18L. Right?

      > One more question, I have access to Sorghum Molasses will this make
      Rum after it's been aged in toasted oak ?