Re:

  • slipthruthecracks
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2010
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Gary Morin <bigdaddyg851@...> wrote:

      > first of all sorry for the caps. cap lock was on and i just typed . i live in
      > the northeast US and able to get grade A unsulfured no preservatives molasses
      > for $9.00 a gal which i don't is bad at all considering if i buy 12oz bottles
      > $2.49 ea .
      >   thanks to everybody who replied to this post . your opinion is important to me
      > !

      Big Daddy,

      If you are anywhere near southeast PA, you can get 5 gal buckets of unsulphured blackstrap molasses from Zook Molasses in Honeybrook, PA (one hour west of Philadelphia) for about $20. That's $4 a gallon. I load up once a year on a visit to the area with the wife and make a very heavy dark oak aged rum which becomes Christmas presents for friends. Sometimes we put honey from our beehives in it just to make it interesting, but the molasses works just fine.

      OneEyedJack