Wash fermentation time

  • Brian Shell - BDS (SC)
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2002
      I made two 25L batches of sugar was with 8Kg Turbo packet. I had to leave
      on vacation prior to being able to distill and they had about another 2-3
      days left before they were ready. The specific gravity is below 1.00 on
      both of them. My question is now that I have returned and they are
      completely done fermenting has there been any harm done in letting them sit
      an additional week after they finished? Both have settled out and are a
      clear pale yellow color.
    • John Vandermeulen
      Message 2 of 2 , May 23, 2002
        No problem!! All you have is a beautifully settled clarified wash. Cook it!
        JV

        Brian Shell - BDS (SC) wrote:

        > I made two 25L batches of sugar was with 8Kg Turbo packet. I had to leave
        > on vacation prior to being able to distill and they had about another 2-3
        > days left before they were ready. The specific gravity is below 1.00 on
        > both of them. My question is now that I have returned and they are
        > completely done fermenting has there been any harm done in letting them sit
        > an additional week after they finished? Both have settled out and are a
        > clear pale yellow color.

        ÿWPC5