Re: [new_distillers] Re: brain fart question

  • Ricky R.
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 19, 2010
    I may need to reed more..on home site saw if I use smaller pipe I will need less heat..1/4 to 1/2 inch pipe..made me think a bit and then found theese pics..and also pic of my cooker wich is same pot...any opinions or thoughts on this ?
    Message 2 of 13 , Dec 19, 2010
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ricky R." <rrogers10@...> wrote:

      > kool-I'm open on sugestions on it too : ) ...want to attach 1'' copper column to 18 qt pressure canner..

      Make the column 2". 1" ain't worth the bother (it's 1/4 capacity of a 2"). It'll take you all weekend to get 1 quart of booze out of a 1", if you can even run it right (not easy).

      It's not the size of the boiler that's important for production rate, it's the size/diameter of the column. That's where the distilling is done. Make it 2" x 36" & pack it with genuine all-copper mesh. Read up on it.

    • Ricky R.
      Message 3 of 13 , Dec 19, 2010
        ok see I looked at that and thought it would be too big in dia....have to run inside on stove or hot plate while son at school so time is a big deal and hieght too..counter top..
        > kool-I'm open on sugestions on it too : ) ...want to attach 1'' copper column to 18 qt pressure canner..

        Make the column 2". 1" ain't worth the bother (it's 1/4 capacity of a 2"). It'll take you all weekend to get 1 quart of booze out of a 1", if you can even run it right (not easy).

        It's not the size of the boiler that's important for production rate, it's the size/diameter of the column. That's where the distilling is done. Make it 2" x 36" & pack it with genuine all-copper mesh. Read up on it.

        No virus found in this message.

        No virus found in this message.

      • shotman
        Message 4 of 13 , Dec 19, 2010
          That didn't sound quite right. I used a brass tail piece nut that I bored out slightly and solderd to the 1 1/2 inch riser I use now. I used a 3/4 inch rizer for a while but after it foamed up and shut the little 3/4 inch hole off it blew a quick burst of beer all around so I switched to the stainless steel sink drain and 1 1/2 inch riser. Done that twice no less. Same 1000 watt burner but have had no more lid raising exitement. I also put 8 short cut copper tube pieces in there now. I can hear them bouncing around in there after it's run for a while.
          Have a good one,
          shotman

          Message 5 of 13 , Dec 19, 2010
            kool..in doing some more reading I think I'm going to try my hand at a mini bokabob..looks good ,solid and somewhat easy to build..and the sink drain looks solid as you said..being as the print its 24'' tall.good height for me and 1 1/2 '' column...comments welcome and pics too...thanks ..

            Message 6 of 13 , Dec 20, 2010
              not able to find 2'' pipe...can get 1 1/2''  pipe...like the bokakob mini ..thing I'm going to do this one hope it produces well