Re: [new_distillers] Yeast/Turbo Clear

  • just me
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
      Do you have a hydrometer?I would suggest that you switch to MUM washes.It is cheaper and gives a better final product.As I am on the subject(and sipping said subject) thank you Mason for developing the MUM.I am sorry I couldnt answer the question.
      Just Me
      “There is no terrorist threat. Yes, there have been horrific acts of terrorism and, yes, there will be acts of terrorism again. But that doesn’t mean that there’s some kind of massive terrorist threat.”
      –Michael Moore
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2010

        It is my understanding that the first stage sachet you put in after de-gassing kills the ferment and the second sachet is the finning agent to clear the wash so therefore would suggest that the yeasts is no longer active

        Cheers

        Ken Mc

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2010
          Adam,

          Ken is the Main Man to talk to about turbo yeast clearers, but if you
          need to make really sure that the yeast is dead before adding this, use
          a campden tablet or 2 (meta-bisulfiate) and let sit 24 hours for the
          sulpher gases to escape. Then do the Turbo Clear. I cannot find info
          on this product to say it does kill the yeast when added. Just makes
          the wash clear by flocculating all solids to the bottom...

          JB.