Re: Distilling Rum

  • Alex Castillo
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2010
      Hey MB

      Much have been said about aging dunder (which is what you´re asking about now) and that´s the way they do in Jamaica. Personally I´ve used fresh dunder not aged with good results it increases the aroma of the rum, but Haven´t noticed much increase in flavor, probably ´cause I haven´t recycle it. I just kept it covered and used the upper part (down goes dead yeasts and gums, etc.) The "wild starter" I was preparing the other day grew many nasties on top (molds?) and I discard it. So try it if you wish but keep only the middle part (discard the top and botton) and let us know how it went.

      Alex