Re: new member big hi from australia

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2010

      Hi Boomer,

      Love the name - lots of us around here (but we  getting old lol)..  For distilling fragrant oils and stuff, you dont want to go the refux route.  Reflux stills perform many distillations in a single run.

      What you want is a simple pot still with a small boiler.  Actually you can distill essence with just a tea kettle, some small diameter flexible copper tubing and a simple bucket condenser.

      You can read up on distilling theory and see all kinds of designs on Tony's Homedistiller's site at http://www.homedistiller.org/  Read thru the intro and theory/design sections and come back with any answers.

      Welcome aboard and good luck.

      JB aka Waldo.

      Note- if ya need any good rum recipes in the future, we could help also ROTF>  ;)