Re: 2nd distillation question

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2010

      Hint,

      If you have saved the backset from your first run, like your rye whiskey you could add it to the spirits run  for dilution and add some more flavors - same trick works for rums.  For water, add enough to bring the ABV down to 24% or so and re-distill.

      See this chart below for correct 2nd distillation so you dont get the ABV too high on your spirits run and lose some flavor.

      http://www.artisan-distiller.net/photoalbum/photos/pint_o_shine/Potstill_Dilute.GIF

      JB.