Re: locked fermentation?

  • judgerumrunner
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2010
      I've been gone from here for a long time,and just started having the time to back get to checking My groups. First thing happened was the Att/Yahoo merger that screwed me up where I had to sign out as Me then resign in as My wife Neneng, then back again. Then I stupidly got Myself Elected as a JOP aka Small Claims Civil Court Judge. Ended up retiring because of My Medical Problems, but I had Map torched all My stills b4 getting swore at. Didn't wanna get tempted and read in the local paper "Local Judge Arrested For Moonshining".
      Guess I need to apologize to anyone who got screwed up by My recipes. I meant per Gal of Mash, instead of per Gal of water!!! My Bad. When I started distilling, My water was awesome. With the low total alkalinity and low Ph, I'd easily raise to perfect with the grapefruit or tomato juice I recommended. Then both started rising rapidly, and for a long time I could easily push bread yeast past 15-16% and beyond with no additives.
      Now My Ph is so high now I can't use pool test strips, I'd have to tiltrate to test it. The total alk is also so high now (how easy to change the Ph level)that I quit fighting with it on my pool and went with saltwater. So Now I'm having trouble getting Anything to start fermenting too.
      So maybe if Harry or Trid or another "scientist" would give us a good simple to understand lesson on the "perfect water" to use and how to test and what to use to raise and lower levels ect, I think that'd help solve most of our stuck problems. Thanks and May God Bless America. BAT