Re: All Grain Mash plus sugar

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2010

      Jerry,

      A decent conversion of lets say about 75% to 80% of the starches should give you around a 7% ABV fermentation which is about average for an all grain mash.  You could add some additional dextrose for more yield, but remember - making it too high in gravity will sacrifice some flavors.  Read through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/new_distillers/message/39403 for some pointers on mashing techniques.

      JB.