Re: New Newbie.

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4 7:02 AM

      Hi Karl,

      Welcome aboard..  Hope your doing alot of reading on Tony's Homedistillers site (yes it is quite confusing at first, but eventually starts to sink in).  As ZB mentioned, a univeral coupling on top of your boiler is a great idea to allow multiple head attachments.  I would first start off just making a simple pot still with a riser and lyne arme and try for a simple sugar wash like a MUM or JEM wash with some concentrated grape juice added.

      If you want a really nice easy explanation of the different type of heads around (pot, LM, VM and CM),  Riku who is a excellent still making guru and another moderator here has written a very nice E-book available  at Harry's Alcohol Library.  You should read this and ask away at any questions.

      Simple Low-cost Stills

      by Riku (abbababbaccc)

      Again, Welcome aboard, BE Safe and best of luck.

      JB.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4 7:27 AM

        Karl,

        The link to Riku's book is http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/Simple_Low_cost_Stills/index.htm