Sweet Potato & Russert Blended Vodka

  • Tim Driscoll
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2010
      Just purchased the PDA-1 and extension from the Amphora Society and will start working on a vodka recipe soon.  Looking at 80% Russert and 20% White Sweet Potato.  We have a long established Beer & Wine making supply store in the area so I'm sure they can give advice regarding yeast.  I've read where refrigerating potatoes can change the starch to sugar and wondering if thats a good idea especially for the white potatoes.  Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

      Tim

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 2010
        Hi Tim,

        Wal has mentioned you can convert some of the starches to sugars by
        refrigeration, but you really need some amalyase enzymes to really do
        the job like the BA100 and GA100 enzymes available from Mile Hi
        Distillers. Sweet potatos get sweeter just by aging at room temp.

        JB.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Tim Driscoll <timdriscoll55@...>