Re: Potstill coil how much?

  • crsound
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2010
      Ok Sojourn, if you get a rubber maid or like 5 gallon drink bucket like you see on the back of outside workers trucks for holding drinking water you will find the following.
      3/8 inch tubbing will fit close enough to go throught the drink dispenser spout ( It screws Out and leaves a great sleeve ), 20 or 25 foot of 3/8 will coil up about 7 times inside that bucket with an inch and 1/2 left bettween the coils and the wall.
      You can use some copper coil on the bottom coil to hold it off the floor of that bucket, and it will go straight through the hole.
      you will end up with about all most 3 foot of straight tube coming off the top to your Still rig.
      I use a 28 quart boiller on 1500 watt electric heating pad, the lid has a 2 1/5 inch hole with 3 foot of 2 1/2 inch copper up 26 inches to an ellbo and another 3 foot of 2 1/2 (Lyne Arm) to a reduction collor to 3/8 and a joint that matches the bucket.
      This works great only takes 3 bags of ice to run, and I am adapting a cold water fountain like you see in offices to run into the bukett sans no ice.

      Over The Rail and Down the HATCH, CRSound, and welcome to all my new canada members !!!