Re: [new_distillers] Activated Charcoal Filtering

  • Rainero Morgia
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19 5:09 PM
      thealien007,
      you only need to filter the final distillate regardless of how many multi distillation is your process. most alcohol or distilled  spirits  passes thru an activated filter  for polishing - odorless, tasteless,  and  colorless. to  achieve  higher  alcohol  content  as  in  vodka,  you  need  a  special  type  of  filter  aid  or  resin  called  zeolite.  this  is  needed  because  alcohol  reaches  an  equlibrium  at  certain  temperature, no more  no less.  zeolite  can  extract  more  alcohol  by  say 2 to 3 %,  activated  carbon  adsorbs odor, color and taste.