Re: [new_distillers] Re: Making a tangerine neutral similar to Johnny Love Tangerine Vodka

  • Shot Man
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13 5:49 AM
      Thank you Wal,
      Since I have no essential oils I will find some tangerines this weekend and work to get some started.
      Have a good one,
      shotman

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14 5:00 AM
        Essential oil yield from citrus peel is around 2%. You need about 150g (5 oz) of peel to get 3ml (1/2 tsp.) which should be adequate for a litre (quart) of vodka. Or just make a strong concentrate and add to tate. 1 tsp. sugar/bottle will smooth it out.
        wal

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Shot Man" <shotman@...> wrote:

        > Thank you Wal,
        > Since I have no essential oils I will find some tangerines this weekend and work to get some started.
        > Have a good one,
        > shotman

      • Shot Man
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14 6:18 AM
          Thanks again Wal,
          I checked and I can also get food grade tangerine essential oil for about $4.00 an ounce. Not to bad but still will try my own. Maybe make a tiny pot still and condenser to do it right. Then can do orange, lemon etc. I also suppose you could make it like Gin with peelings suspended in a thumper..
          Have a great one,
          shotman