Re: rum essence recipe

  • geoff
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2010

      Right Jim,

      (that bit of good info deserves a bit of suitable groveling) so.

           Oh Great Blinding Light of the Universe and Magnanimous Magnificent Ornery One. (May your giving hand never falter)

           Right that’s enough of that.  The bleeding intention was making an essence not making the real Mc Coy, drinking it and calling it essence.  Thinking about it, that does sound like a better option.

           But in the pursuit of pure bone idleness, I’ll give aforementioned recipe from macrobert a try.  But thanks you for the French “mélasse noire”  name I shall have that typed out and presenting it to mucho plenty stores in my area. Thanks again Jim

      Geoff
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2010
        LOL Geoff,

        I understand where your comming from. Trying to get good cheap molasses
        here in the US is a bitch too. Only stuff I can find runs around 2
        bucks per 1/2 quart. But Ive found that by adding some with each sugar
        wash and then saving the dunder / backset and adding it back to each
        sucessive fermentation, you can get a very nice light rum after several
        generations. Its the same princible and practice as when we make our
        sour mash whiskeys.

        The Ornery One,

        JB.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "geoff" <jeffrey.burrows@...>