first time

  • bonesclarke
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 23, 2010
      hi guys
      i live in new zealand so shining be legal
      well after much reading i built me a still
      30ltr stainless boiler sealed bottom water bath style(beer keg)
      1mtr 50mm dia s/s reflux tower
      s/s 50mm dia head
      38mm dia copper internal 50mm dia s/s outer water jacket condenser 500mm long
      lpg gas double burner
      all connections are 316 stainless dairy fittings
      all tubes 316 s/s except for the copper one
      it can be use as a pot still or a reflux still due to fittings
      takes about 45 mins to heat up
      does about 60% as pot on stripping run or 92% on single reflux run
      first run was a turbo yeast
      lots of smell and taste even after reflux
      second run was a super brew pack from the bin inn
      no smell very little taste in pot run twice
      made some grappa need to run again but still good
      have some pears brewing now
      making lots of brews to get use to my still
      this is my story so far