RE: [new_distillers] Re: Can't Follow Directions

  • Robert Hubble
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 14, 2010
      Sorry, guys, but I have no experience with UJSSM's. I agree with you Jim, that he's throwing a lot of ethanol away with the tails. I save tails like that for making junkahol.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      From: jamesonbeam1@...
      Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:37:53 +0000
      Subject: [new_distillers] Re: Can't Follow Directions

      Z Bob or others - Any comments??

      JB.

      Yup,
      I can picture your still. Sounds like you have quite a bit of internal refux going on it it.  As long as there are no leaks and your capturing all the vapors, the only thing I can add is your probably wasting quite a bit of good ethanol in the tails which can be thrown into the next run.  I usually distll down to around a 10% ABV.

      For your next fermentation, I would still add some more yeast and replace about 1/4th of the spent corn with new.

      Regards,
      Jim.

      ----snip---