Re: Ping ZB

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10, 2010
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "geoff" <jeffrey.burrows@...> wrote:

      > Hi rosnekcaj,
      >
      > I understood everything his broad jock accent could throw at me and in slurred jock speak as well.
      <snip>.

      > Geoff

      I like this one by Rabbie Burns, the bard of Ayrshire, in response to a tax levied by the town of Edinburgh.

      "Thae curst horse-leeches o' the Excise
      Wha mak the whiskey stills their prize!
      Haud up thy han', Deil! ance, twice, thrice!
      There, sieze the blinkers!
      An' bake them up in brunstane pies
      For poor d—n'd drinkers."