Re: [new_distillers] Re: the summer is here.

  • just me
    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 6 9:25 AM
      Yes JD I agree with keeping a low profile. I wasnt trying to get too personal. I have traveled a good bit and have family and friends from many parts of the world.I am glad your yeast has settled.Here is a drink I got from this site.
      1 green apple
      1 red apple
      3 cinnamon sticks
      1/4 cup sugar
      2 cloves
      slice the apples.add to 2 liters of 45% neutral or rum.pull the cinnamon sticks and cloves after 3 or 4 days. it improves with age
      Just Me
      Saving the life of one dog won't change the world, but the world will certainly change for that one dog.
    • JD
      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 14 1:39 AM
        Yes magical tape it is,

        The boiler.
        whas a 30 litre cheaper version of the electric weck ketle .
        http://www.weckonline.com/shop/product.php?productid=16212&cat=272&page=1
        it does have an termostat from 20/100 C
        and does not have an timer.
        it gives the abilty to setup and put it on 60'C and leave ore go to bed. this then heats up the bottom only to 60'c it will take and few hours to get it completle to 60'C ,But it warms it up for me.

        Then i use this controler
        http://www2.conrad.nl/goto.php?artikel=191343
        wich is in the wooden box.

        fully open and ketlle set on 100'C it will heat up in an hour and half(from cold 15'C wash), then i turn it slowly back till the point i want it to, and keep the kettle on 100'C

        The lid is massive oak wood.
        Coverd with Bison kit BOUW.
        then pushed on the lid.
        I wandet it to be openable again so i kept it on with the bungee cords.

        I still need to make proper hinges with wing nuts.
        to tie it down harder.
        The lid did leak, but not anymore i putt a fermenter filled with water .
        then boiled 15 litre's of water. it setlled and doesnt leak anymore.

        the origional lid is plastic but wouldnt hold the colum.

        I also use it to steam out the fermentors.

        with the controler set a little back it keeps the water boiling and with a hose direct the steam under the fermentor, wich is upside down.
        let it steam for an hour and putt an other fermentor on it.

        Thats about it.
        the colum can be filled with scrubbers. but im getting back to whiskey instead of vodka.

        Greetz

        JD