Re: harvesting superstart yeast

    Message 1 of 6 , May 24, 2010
      Welp Just,

      Keep adding the Superstart to each wash till you run out and keep saving
      the trub. You should eventually get to a point where it is self
      sutaining when the cell count gets into the millions of cells per ml.
      Again aerate each batch and try wrapping wet towels around the
      ferementer to keep the heat down. Throwning in a frozen soda bottle
      with water now and then also helps.

      Also dont let the trub stand too long after each batch or keep it
      refrigerated. A little extra plant food wont hurt either at the start.

      JB.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "just me" <hifa222@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the replies Harry and James.
      > I am using the superstart because it was given to me. I didn't
      increase the sugar on the mum.My ac is out and it is getting a bit warm
      in Dallas.I was laid off so I am trying to save money.I guess when the
      superstart is gone I will go back to bakers yeast.Thanks again guys.